What's with Boeing Engineers?

For all chat about the things in the sky without a central nervous system
Menelmacar
Site Admin

Re: What's with Boeing Engineers?

Post by Menelmacar »

cokey wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:53 am
Menelmacar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:44 pm
cokey wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:03 pm Richard Branson can get there but NASA cant?
NASA has for decades been a huge bloated ineffective bureaucracy that has become a parody of it's former self.

Richard Branson only did what NASA and the X15 did when I was a child. Not even classified as a sub orbital.
NASA should be at Mars by now. They need more money
Maybe the UK and the EU could chip in with money. After all, everybody has benefited from the past achievements of NASA. Maybe the whole world should ante up! It would be a huge waste tho. As I said; NASA is just another inefficient, bloated and woke bureaucracy.
If you lack the vocabulary to hold a debate, it's easier just to lob a piece of concrete thru a store window.
-Mark Steyn
Naib
Site Admin

Post by Naib »

I wish to extend my thanks to NASA, and the American people that funded them, so I may have non-stick frying pans
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king
dont_think_twice
Director of Sandbags

Post by dont_think_twice »

Naib wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:39 pm I wish to extend my thanks to NASA, and the American people that funded them, so I may have non-stick frying pans
I also appreciate the people who made my non-stick pan possible: the Chinese for inventing the cast iron process millennia ago.
flysideways
Chief of Unicorn Division

Post by flysideways »

Properly seasoned cast iron, the original non-stick cookware.
RoGeorge
National Metrics Strategist

Post by RoGeorge »

Teflon was discovered 20 years before NASA coming into existence, so what kind of non-stick pans do you guys talking about?
https://www.sciencehistory.org/historic ... j-plunkett
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

Menelmacar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:40 pm
Menelmacar wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:44 pm
NASA has for decades been a huge bloated ineffective bureaucracy that has become a parody of it's former self.

Richard Branson only did what NASA and the X15 did when I was a child. Not even classified as a sub orbital.
Maybe the UK and the EU could chip in with money. After all, everybody has benefited from the past achievements of NASA. Maybe the whole world should ante up! It would be a huge waste tho. As I said; NASA is just another inefficient, bloated and woke bureaucracy.
I am very thankful of the genius Nazis that created NASA and the US space program and I'm sure that the millions of Jews, homosexuals and mentally ill who were exterminated are very thankful of it too
Menelmacar
Site Admin

Post by Menelmacar »

cokey wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:02 pm
Menelmacar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:40 pm

I am very thankful of the genius Nazis that created NASA and the US space program and I'm sure that the millions of Jews, homosexuals and mentally ill who were exterminated are very thankful of it too
Well, the genius NAZIs didn't create NASA, but they were very instrumental in early booster design. And don't be so hard on von Braun. His goal in life was to send rockets to the moon. Don't blame him if the majority fell short and hit London. ;)
If you lack the vocabulary to hold a debate, it's easier just to lob a piece of concrete thru a store window.
-Mark Steyn
dont_think_twice
Director of Sandbags

Post by dont_think_twice »

Menelmacar
Site Admin

Post by Menelmacar »

Nice article.

Thanks for sharing.
-Mark Steyn
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

Menelmacar wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:51 pm
Menelmacar wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:40 pm Maybe the UK and the EU could chip in with money. After all, everybody has benefited from the past achievements of NASA. Maybe the whole world should ante up! It would be a huge waste tho. As I said; NASA is just another inefficient, bloated and woke bureaucracy.
Well, the genius NAZIs didn't create NASA, but they were very instrumental in early booster design. And don't be so hard on von Braun. His goal in life was to send rockets to the moon. Don't blame him if the majority fell short and hit London. ;)
Just early booster design? four Operation Paperclip members were awarded the NASA Distinguished Service Medal in 1969: Kurt Debus, Eberhard Rees, Arthur Rudolph, and Wernher von Braun. Ernst Geissler was awarded the medal in 1973. Kurt Debus was even the first director of the Kennedy Space Centre!!! You had an award named after Hubertus Strunghold until 2013 who performed human experimentation. I don't think you realise how completely reliant NASA was on Nazis. Every President, including Kennedy, was fawning over them like they were great people when in fact they were murderers, mass murderers and human experimenters.

It wasn't just the US, the UK and USSR did it as well. In fact, whereas the US took 1600 scientists the USSR took over 2000
Menelmacar
Site Admin

Post by Menelmacar »

cokey wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:57 am
Menelmacar wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:51 pm

Just early booster design? four Operation Paperclip members were awarded the NASA Distinguished Service Medal in 1969: Kurt Debus, Eberhard Rees, Arthur Rudolph, and Wernher von Braun. Ernst Geissler was awarded the medal in 1973. Kurt Debus was even the first director of the Kennedy Space Centre!!! You had an award named after Hubertus Strunghold until 2013 who performed human experimentation. I don't think you realise how completely reliant NASA was on Nazis. Every President, including Kennedy, was fawning over them like they were great people when in fact they were murderers, mass murderers and human experimenters.

It wasn't just the US, the UK and USSR did it as well. In fact, whereas the US took 1600 scientists the USSR took over 2000
I am very well informed on the early days of NASA and the German scientists that surrendered to the Americans to stay out of the clutches of the Soviets. The Space Race has been a subject of interest for me longer than you have been sucking oxygen. I have a whole section of my library devoted to the subject. YOUR info is not quite correct. For example, Debus was not the Director of the Kennedy Space Center, he was the first Director of Flight Operations. He was in charge of the physical launch facilities. I do not believe that Hubertus Strunghold was performing human experimentation as late as 2013.
-Mark Steyn
cokey
Extreme Unicyclist

Post by cokey »

Menelmacar wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:25 pm
cokey wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:57 am
Menelmacar wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:51 pm Well, the genius NAZIs didn't create NASA, but they were very instrumental in early booster design. And don't be so hard on von Braun. His goal in life was to send rockets to the moon. Don't blame him if the majority fell short and hit London. ;)

I am very well informed on the early days of NASA and the German scientists that surrendered to the Americans to stay out of the clutches of the Soviets. The Space Race has been a subject of interest for me longer than you have been sucking oxygen. I have a whole section of my library devoted to the subject. YOUR info is not quite correct. For example, Debus was not the Director of the Kennedy Space Center, he was the first Director of Flight Operations. He was in charge of the physical launch facilities. I do not believe that Hubertus Strunghold was performing human experimentation as late as 2013.
Kurt Debus was the first director of NASA's Launch Operations Center (later renamed as the Kennedy Space Center). From 1962 to 1974 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_S ... _directors

I also don't think Strunghold was doing human experimentation after the 60s

I'm not saying NASA hasn't done brilliant and exceptional things but it's basically German so Europe has already paid with knowledge and lives 😉
Menelmacar
Site Admin

Post by Menelmacar »

This might come as a shock to you, but there were a few Americans that gave their lives to fight NAZIs in WWII. So it's not just a European thing. I do realize you are a Euro Supremacist. ;)

And NASA has not been a "German" thing as you put it for over half a century! Even in the early days, the Germans were a small part of the engineering and science of NASA. I don't believe These people are German! ;)
-Mark Steyn
Tony0945
Bride Kidnapping Expert

Post by Tony0945 »

Menelmacar wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:25 pm This might come as a shock to you, but there were a few Americans that gave their lives to fight NAZIs in WWII. So it's not just a European thing. I do realize you are a Euro Supremacist. ;)
And some of those Americans were ethnic Germans and Italians and Japanese.